February 23, 2020
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Drizzle one tablespoon olive oil into a large non-stick fry pan.
3. Heat over medium high heat, crumble ground beef over oil, add chopped onions and cook mixture stirring occasionally and breaking up meat, until browned.
4. Drain fat from beef. Pour beef mixture into a food processor and pulse for about 5 seconds until it is ground into fine pieces.
5. Pour beef mixture back into fry pan and add crushed tomatoes, Sweet Basil Garlic Romano Dip Mix and 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir.
6. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste then cover with a lid and simmer over low heat while preparing pasta and cheese mixture.
7. Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water along with 1 tsp salt and 2 tablespoon olive oil to al dente according to directions listed on package.
8. Once noodles are cooked, drain and line noodles in a single layer on waxed paper or cookie sheets sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
9. Prepare cheese mixture by stirring together ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper with a fork in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
10. Stir in chopped fresh parsley. Add in 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup Romano cheese, stir mixture until well combined.
11. Stir meat sauce and spread 1/3 cup evenly into a 13x9 inch baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture evenly onto each cooked lasagna noodle (it will be a thin layer), then spread 1 heaping tablespoon meat sauce along the top of cheese covered noodle.
12. Roll noodles up jellyroll style and arrange seam side down in baking dish. Cover rolled noodles with remaining meat sauce then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese evenly over roll-ups.
13. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes in preheated oven.
14. Serve warm garnished with chopped fresh basil and parsley.
15. You can also add in a little bit of rosemary, thyme and crushed fennel seeds if desired.
February 22, 2020